We customize everything, including the curriculum and trainings, based on your organizational needs, challenge and comfort levels of the participants, activity, location, and duration, to ensure key outcomes are met.
- Do you have a team that is struggling to communicate? Let’s hit the trail!
- Do you have a new team that needs to bond and develop trust with each other? Let’s go climb!
- Do you have a group of new managers that need help creating the right organizational culture? Let’s go explore!
- Do you need help creating vision? Let’s go caving!
- Need help getting out of your comfort zone? Let’s rappel off a cliff!
Below are just a few of the leadership topics we can help your team with through outdoor adventures:
- Developing a leadership identity and forming atomic habits
- Believe you are a leader: battling imposter syndrome
- Your ‘North Star’: Discover and stay true to your values
- How to gain credibility when you have little experience
- Act like a leader before you are one
- Making yourself indispensable
- How to be an inspiring leader
- Crucibles of leadership: Reaching your potential
- The seven transformations of leadership
- Leadership that gets results
- What makes a leader?
- Don’t let power corrupt you
- Developing warmth in order to lead
- Growth vs. fixed mindsets
- Authentic leadership
- Creating a helpful support network
- How to build your confidence
- Effective communication
- Managing up: managing your boss
- Creating a vision others will follow/inspiring change
- How to build and destroy trust
- Avoiding burnout
- Developing a fun, committed, and productive team
- Building not bullying (value based team unity)
- Creating and /or shifting team culture
- How to conduct a meeting and other managerial essentials
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing others
- Change management / Team management
- Strategic thinking / Goal setting
- Effective communication
- Does your project have purpose?
Again, while everything is customizable, below are just a few of the topics and examples of some of our Team Outdoor Learning Experiences:
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, and the Anchors of Life: In this introduction to rock climbing and rappelling, you will learn about, reflect on, and discuss why anchors in life are crucial to leadership success, how to lean into being uncomfortable (and why this is crucial to leadership), how to build confidence, and the importance of communication skills and trusting others.
- Archeoastronomy and Vision: In this walking tour of the Parowan Gap, we will discuss the possible meaning of the rock art and what this teaches us about creating a vision as a leader, ensuring you have a guiding light, the need to help others along their journey, balancing your time, and taking care of the essentials.
- Old Spanish Trail and Legacy: In this driving and hiking tour, you will learn about the Old Spanish Trail, see many historical spots along the way, and discuss the brand you are creating as a leader, markings you are leaving on your leadership legacy, where your priorities and treasures are found, and the evidences that exist (or should exist) to show you are leading.
- Pictographs and Soaring to Your Potential: We will explore the rich history of the old irontown ruins and then explore the amazing pictographs of Lions Mouth to discuss what the refining of ore and the legend of the thunderbird have to do with leadership, modeling the way, and enabling others to act. This experience provides plenty of opportunities for group discussions and quiet time of reflection.
- Lessons Learned From the Lost: During this experience, we will spend time in a beautiful canyon discussing leadership lessons from search and rescue personnel and those who have been lost in the wilderness. In particular, we will discuss the need as leaders to develop a high-commitment community, provide bright moments to others, avoid being deprived of personal meaning, and how movement creates opportunity.
- The Marks of Leader: In this experience, we will learn about the history (ancient and modern) of the Silver Reef area as we explore a ghost town and pioneer ruins, hike to a unique arch, find prehistoric dinosaur prints, discover ancient petroglyphs, and find some abandoned mines. During this experience we will learn about and discuss intercultural competencies, critical thinking, following your dreams, and the footprints of leadership.
- Build Your Own! Do you have a hike or outing already in mind? Do you have leadership principles you want taught in a fun and unique way? Or do you simply want to brainstorm? Reach out to us and we can help put something together for you! Contact us today at 435-704-4912 or email@example.com to discuss options and availability.
Pricing: Depending on what you want your team outdoor leadership experience to be, distance and time involved, and the number in your group, we can find a price that works for you. Group rates are available, but generally prices are $39-$89 per person.
Need a place to stay for your leadership retreat? Rent our basement (separate entrance – through Airbnb – click here) or camp in our backyard.
Stay in Contact: Follow us on Instagram for ongoing ideas and possible experiences (Instagram: @outdoor.kirbys).
Reach Out: Call or text 435-704-4912 to discuss options and availability, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org